The North Shore’s Largest Water Garden Center in Rowley, MA
Welcome Pond Enthusiasts!
Here at Country Gardens, we specialize in water gardens. Established in 1978, we started as a greenhouse and nursery growing our own annuals, perennials, and holiday crops. Later, we expanded into a florist shop. In the early 1990s, we developed a passion for water gardens. Again we expanded the business to include this passion for ponds. Through our associations with national and international groups, we have become the North Shore's largest water garden center dedicated to helping others find their passion and create a backyard paradise of their own.
Spring Pond Maintenance
- Clean the muck and debris from the pond - see our videos pages for tips
- Install the pump, filter and UV and get working.
- Check underwater lights while pond is drained - replace bulbs.
- Transplant and divide aquatic plants. Place marginals back in the shallow areas.
- New plants can be added - marginals, floating plants and lilies.
- If your pump/filter is running you can feed your fish. Start slowly and build up to once per day. (We are doing this)
- You can add new fish, tadpoles and snails once your pond is cleaned and running
- Add water treatements weekly - beneficial bacteria and algae control.