The North Shore’s Largest Water Garden Center in Rowley, MA
Welcome Pond Enthusiasts!
Here at Country Gardens, we specialize in water gardens. Established in 1978, we started as a greenhouse and nursery growing our own annuals, perennials, and holiday crops. Later, we expanded into a florist shop. In the early 1990s, we developed a passion for water gardens. Again we expanded the business to include this passion for ponds. Through our associations with national and international groups, we have become the North Shore's largest water garden center dedicated to helping others find their passion and create a backyard paradise of their own.
Spring & Summer Maintenance
- Clean your skimmer or pre- filter regularly to ensure proper water flow to the pump
- Backwash pressure filters regularly to remove muck buildup on the pads or beads.
- Add beneficial bacteria for sludge reduction and to maintain biological filters
- Add algae remover for string algae - do not treat for algae when temperatures are over 90*F
- Add plants to the pond. Fertilize water lilies and lotus every 2-4 weeks
- Keep pump and filter running 24/7
- Feed fish once per day if the are eating and if your pump and filter are running..
We have a good selection of koi and comets and will continue to get more each week.
We have hardy water lilies, hardy & tropical marginals, floating plants, lotus and submerged hornwort.
Tropical water lilies will be ready early June.