The North Shore’s Largest Water Garden Center in Rowley, MA
Welcome Pond Enthusiasts!
Here at Country Gardens, we specialize in water gardens. Established in 1978, we started as a greenhouse and nursery growing our own annuals, perennials, and holiday crops. Later, we expanded into a florist shop. In the early 1990s, we developed a passion for water gardens. Again we expanded the business to include this passion for ponds. Through our associations with national and international groups, we have become the North Shore's largest water garden center dedicated to helping others find their passion and create a backyard paradise of their own.
Summer Pond Maintenance
- Pump should run 24/7 for proper aeration
- Add beneficial bacteria regularly for control of ammonia, nitrite and organic matter
- Fertilize lilies and lotus every 2-4weeks
- Trim decaying foliage from plants and remove
- Add algae control as needed. ***Do not use algaecide on days over 90F or at night. Be sure your pump is running- decaying algae consumes oxygen from the pond
- Feed fish once daily as much as they will eat in 5 minutes
- Clean skimmer pad, prefilter and pressure filter regularly