The North Shore’s Largest Water Garden Center in Rowley, MA
Welcome Pond Enthusiasts!
Here at Country Gardens, we specialize in water gardens. Established in 1978, we started as a greenhouse and nursery growing our own annuals, perennials, and holiday crops. Later, we expanded into a florist shop. In the early 1990s, we developed a passion for water gardens. Again we expanded the business to include this passion for ponds. Through our associations with national and international groups, we have become the North Shore's largest water garden center dedicated to helping others find their passion and create a backyard paradise of their own.
Pond Spring Start Up
- Getting the pond cleaned and running can be done anytime you are ready now. Ours are!!
- If your pump and filter are running you can begin to feed your fish. Go easy though, your filtration is not yet established for heavy feeding. Start with every 3 days and build up as temperatures increase.
- Algae growth is common during the spring. Your pond cleaning should eliminate it. Once cleaned and pumps are running begin your beneficial bacteria and algae treatment.
- Add plants - floating plants are ready now.
- See our Spring Start Up Page for more detailed information.
We have fish - premium koi, premium butterfly koi and comets. in the coming weeks. We have aquatic plants -hardy water lilies, lotus, marginals and floating plants. Tropical lilies will be around June 10.